Showcase 200 Series Impact Windows
Showcase 200 Series Impact Windows Installed
Beauty, Protection, Comfort and Safety in Hurricane Impact Windows
At Showcase ® Custom Vinyl Windows and Doors , we take the weather seriously. We live on the coast and our hurricane impact windows are manufactured locally. We are up against the same brutal, seasonal elements you are and craft our products accordingly.
We craft our frames in virgin vinyl. They are heavy duty and feature a distortion-resistant, multi-chambered profile for the ultimate in stability, energy efficiency, low maintenance, and lasting beauty.
The vinyl itself is practically maintenance-free. The frames are guaranteed not to rust, peel, chip, corrode or need painting. As the color is fully integrated throughout the frame, fading is a thing of the past.
For beauty you can see and feel, our frames and sashes are miter-cut and fusion welded. Only the finest heavy-duty hardware is used. These techniques combine to assure our customers a beautiful, long-lived product with clearly superior performance.
We use double-strength, tempered, and laminated glass with a KeepSafe Maximum® PVB interlayer. The interlayer is permanently bonded under high pressure between two panes.
The combination of this glass, and a dead-air spacing created by a second pane of tempered glass in a rigid frame, yields an astounding window.
Proven Resistance to Penetration from Flying Debris
Standardized missile testing shows our windows resist repeated blows by a 9 lb, 10 ft, 2×4 wood beam traveling at 34 mph. They have resisted wind velocities of up to 171.54 mph. This means there is no need for ungainly plywood or telltale metal shutters. Our windows meet the CPSC, CFR 1201, and ANSI Z97.1 safety glazing standards.
Greatly Reduced Sound Transmission
Acoustic studies show reductions of up to 50% in the transmission of outside noise compared to ordinary glass. This makes for a more peaceful and restful home, regardless of location.
Marked Improvement in Energy Efficiency
Vinyl offers superior thermal characteristics compared to aluminum, and nearly matches wood’s. Our hurricane impact window remains virtually maintenance-free and always stylish.
Shielding from Ultraviolet Rays
99% of the sun’s damaging ultraviolet rays are deflected by the KeepSafe Maximum® PVB interlayer, up to 300 nanometers. Less glare. Less fading. Longer lasting upholstery, carpet, flooring, furniture, and drapes.
Protection from Weather and Break-Ins by Vandals and Burglars
Repeated blows from bats, crowbars, hammers or bricks may cause the glass itself to crack. The PVB interlayer holds the glass pane within the frame together, making access to the house interior difficult, at best. In a hurricane, the integrity of the window is not compromised. This greatly facilitates the maintenance of the structural integrity of the residence. Meets ASTM F-1223 (class 1) forced entry standard.
Tradition SDL is available for our Single Hung, Casement and Picture window hurricane impact windows.
Hurricane impact windows are available in either White or Beige.
Showcase® Custom Vinyl Windows and Doors proudly uses KeepSafe® Glass for all of our hurricane impact windows.
Showcase® IMPACT Windows vs. Hurricane Shutters
- With Showcase® Protector Series™ IMPACT windows, the customer receives 24-hour, 365 day protection from storms and outside intruders.
- There is no labor necessary to protect your home if you have IMPACT windows because you never have to close any shutters when a storm is coming.
- You don’t have to go to your home to protect it, nor hire someone to close the shutters.
- The view from the house is never impeded by shutters.
- Installing and maintaining shutters can be costly and time consuming.
- The house maintains the original look because there are no shutters to hide the windows.
- If a family is shut-in during a storm, they can stay safe while not being forced to stay in a household rendered dark by closed shutters or plywood-shut windows.
- The presence of shutters could be a tell-tale sign of the homeowner’s absence, thereby increasing the potential for burglary.
- When not being used, shutters and plywood may take up valuable storage space.
- IMPACT windows provide extra advantages, such as year round protection from noise, fading, burglary, and vandalism.
- Impact windows increase energy efficiency, thereby saving money on monthly energy bills.
- Showcase® vinyl IMPACT windows are virtually maintenance free.
- Any potential upfront additional costs incurred in the purchase of IMPACT windows are rapidly off-set by the benefits and savings gained.
Listed below are all of our IMPACT-rated windows available at this time. Please take a look at the link to our Impact ratings and statistics at the bottom of the page. For the best quality and safety in custom vinyl windows and doors, come to Showcase for your new construction and replacement needs.
|200 Series IMPACT Single Hung||DP50||3′-8″ x 7′-0″|
|200 Series IMPACT Single Hung Twin||DP50||7′-3″ x 6′-11 1/2″|
|200 Series IMPACT Horizontal Slider|
|200 Series IMPACT Picture Window||DP50||6′-0″ x 7′-0″|
|500 Series IMPACT Casement Window||DP50||3′-0″ x 6′-0″|
|5400 Series IMPACT Patio Door||DP50||12′-1 5/8″ x 7′-11 3/8″|
*As we are constantly monitoring and improving our products’ sizes and ratings, if you do not see a product you need for your application, kindly contact one of our representatives, or fill out the form on the Contact Us page.
Obscure Glass Options
Comprehensive Product Literature
*Colors may appear different than the actual window color due to computer distortion. Please ask your sales representative for a color sample.
*Clay color is available only for the 200 and 143 Series products.